KJ200610: Applying for a re-entry permit

Foreigners living in Japan need to apply for a reentry permit any time they leave the country on a short trip.

If you fail to obtain a re-entry permit, your visa will be nullified when you leave the country and you will have to go through the hassle of getting a new one.

There are two types of re-entry permit ; one is a single-use permit, good for one trip. The other is one good for multiple uses, but for a limited period of time. If that period of time should end while you are overseas, the reentry permit will no longer be valid, so be careful! In the event that you run into unavoidable circumstances back home and your re-entry permit expires, contact a local Japanese embassy as soon as possible.

(“Long-term residents” are also required to obtain a reentry permit. “Short-term residents” are not granted reentry permits. )

Materials required for application

-re-entry permit application form


-alien registration card

-processing charge(in the form of a revenue stamp):

3000yen for a single-use,6000yen for multi-use

(In the case that a proxy will apply for you, they must bring proof of identification. )

Application address :

Takamatsu Immigration Bureau,

760-0033 Takamatsu City, Maru-no-uchi 1-1



i-palog index

i-pal website

about this entry

This page was written by i-pal for 1, 2006 9:37 .

The Previous content is "KJ200607: Dispatching interpreters & other volunteers"

Tne next content is "KJ200610: Let's try onsen!"

You can see recent contents on the index page